Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Krshton



A fictitious brand. An experiment. A milestone to a dream.

KRSHTON. Raise the bar. Edited by Sheng Maglinte.



You might be wondering why this ad campaign was named Krshton. Well, my classmates (Kristine & Sheng) and I are currently taking up our Advertising subject this semester. Our teacher proposed this exciting project wherein we were tasked to create a brand that has not  been made or established yet.

Tadaaa! Krshton was born. It's a combination of the first two letters of their names (Kr from Kristine; Sh from Sheng) sealed with the last syllable of my name (Ton from Ralston). Forgive the childish attempt to mix up names. We can't think of a better one.

Mediocrity was never an option. So I gathered a star-studded team in this fashion experiment. I don't know, but I have always believed in their potential. And yes, they didn't fail me.
MIKE ESPINO. Foto Modelo Ateneo 3 Male Model of the Year, star of Kinstugi: The Art of Breaking & Impermanence (official entries to the Mindanao Film Festival 2013)
KANG VERGA. Foto Modelo Ateneo 3 Female Model of the Year, star of Impermanence (official entry to the Mindanao Film Festival 2013)


MAE BORNILLO. Star of Stationary and Impermanence (official entries to the Mindanao Film Festival 2013)

Models: Mike Espino, Kang Verga & Mae Bornillo
MUA: Trisha Villapaz
Creative Director: Ralz San Pedro
Photographer: Third Jabilles

Special thanks to Jona Desierto

Here are some behind-the-scene shots of Krshton.
Beside Mae is Jona Desierto, our lovely production assistant. Next to her is the brilliant Third Jabilles, our photographer. In case you didn't recognize, that's me beside Mike. Kang? She took the photo.


I've haven't done photo shoots for a long time so this was quite an exciting "project" for me. If you've read my previous blog posts, I wear the clothes and model them. This time, I tapped some of my talented friends to do the work for me. Aside from a memorable experience, this was an addition to their portfolio. Also, this became an avenue for them to express themselves through the different fields in fashion.

I know this is just the start of a long journey to pursuing our dreams. But hey, those dreams aren't too far if each moment they are pursued with so much heart and soul. You can't wait for another bus to pass by. Run for what makes you happy. Break the lines. Push beyond the limits.

Raise the bar.

No comments:

Well, what do you think?

Post a Comment