Friday, February 14, 2014

Loose-ing Myself


As a graduating student in college, I am counting the last few Wednesdays that I have in school by pulling off out-of-the-box outfits. Well for today, I decided to get 
lost. And what I mean by lost is wearing loose pieces and combining them, with my fingers crossed, that fashion will work its magic. Unfailingly, it did.



It wouldn't hurt to put on some falsies and a dusk lipstick once in a while.


Photos by Anju de Vera & Third Jabilles


Since I wanted to "loose" myself in this bizarre concept, I wore solid colors (white & brown) and added a little pop by mixing up a pink top. Good thing the over-sized polo had studs stuck on them by a good friend of mine. And may I just say that I re-dyed my hair and coiffed it up just to achieve Miley Cyrus' hair style (all for the love of fashion).

Lastly, I'm really thankful that my two photographers found some time to do a shoot with me despite their busy lives. I think the concept matched perfectly with my lost get-up. 

-----

Today, the world is celebrating Valentine's Day. How could I even forget this day when I've been waking up to the same routine for twenty years already? Same day; different feeling. Some lessons overlapped old ones; a few memories slipped off the drain.  The only thing that has remained in my heart is that drive, passion and dream that someday I'd wake up no longer feeling alone.

I have not been myself lately. I don't know if I'm exaggerating, but I think I really lost some parts of my usual self. I look at the mirror and there are times that I no longer recognize what I see, but I like it. I mean, I don't mind getting lost for a while. 

To you who feels the same way, I'm sending you my virtual hugs and kisses from my skin and bones and dusk-colored lips. 

XOXO


Pink top: Gmall Dept Store
Polo: Borrowed from Precious
Pants: Oxygen

No comments:

Well, what do you think?

Post a Comment