Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tourista

Tourist with an a is a borrowed Filipino term which means exactly as its English translation. I just wanted to emphasize my fun experience in Singapore that officially made me a tourist. With an a.


Hi y'all! Let me just tell you that I am in no way in Singapore today or the past week or so. This blog post was supposed to be a month or two ago, but I was really busy finding a job, watching movies and partying around the metro.

It's August!! It's the second best month of the year!! (December is the first.) Here in Davao, it's the "holiday" month since almost every other day or week, there is a holiday and of course, the Kadayawan Festival. And on top of all that, it's my birth month...but let's not get into that. 





Photos by my sister Crystal San Pedro

So, going back to my "tourist" moments in the Lion City, I kind of decided to go with a laid back-ish vibe by wearing a sheer top and a pair of thrifted, loose pair of shorts. I mean if you'd go around a place and take a long walk for some sight-seeing, you might wanna wear clothes that are comfy. Also, a pair of sunglasses would come handy especially if you'd visit Singapore as its weather is almost always sunny.

And I think the most important thing that any tourist should remember, aside from taking dozens of photos, is to seize the moment. You never really know when you'd come back to that place or if you'd ever get the chance to go back. Take a break. Stop taking photos. Sit down and enjoy the rare and fleeting moments of being a tourist. With an a.


Happy last day of August! Enjoy the rest of the ber months!


sheer top: H&M
shorts: Ralph Lauren
glads: Forever 21
sling bag: Parisian
sunglasses (borrowed): Ray Ban 

No comments:

Well, what do you think?

Post a Comment