Friday, May 9, 2014

Tiffany's


"For me, the only things of interest are those linked to the heart." ~Audrey Hepburn



That guy in black, all fierce and confident, is the man behind those masterpieces.
An icon who lived not too long for everyone else to witness. Her beauty, her talent, her passion, her influence--she was indeed and will always be a beautiful soul.

Audrey Kathleen Ruston, or the woman we admire as Audrey Hepburn is the inspiration of this photo shoot.

If you are a fan of hers, her movie Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) was an all-time celebrated film that people mostly associate with this brilliant British actress. According to Wiki, she remains to be one of the few people who has bagged an Academy, Emmy, Grammy and Tony awards.

Below you will be seeing an attempt to capture the era and feel of that film with a modern twist by a homegrown Davao designer. My dearest readers, I am proud to present the haute couture pieces of Neil Jimlani, inspired from Audrey Hepburn's remarkable film.

Ysa Terio & Charm Shotwell



Mae Bornillo, Kang Verga & Carly Chua







Neil Jimlani has worked very hard for all his designs and all those paid off when he finally graduated from Fashion Institute of the Design & Arts (FIDA) here in Davao City. After working for Chardin, Neil is now ready to conquer the fashion industry as he is planning to build a modeling agency. With his optimism and drive, there is no doubt that he'd go far.

I do not hold on to my dreams, I chase after them. And I don't run after those dreams alone. In fact, I tapped eight other dreamers whose fire were as ignited as mine. I am blessed to have worked with passionate people who have made this shoot possible. A wishful thinking that turned into a reality--thanks to the Dream Team. Yes, we call ourselves that since all of us are dreamers finding our way along the bumpy roads of success.

I've been doing countless photo shoots already and this was one of the most exhausting, yet very fulfilling. But I never really got tired because this is where my heart is. Fashion has been more than a temporal escape from the destructive reality of human error; it is a safe haven where I can be myself.

There is still so much to learn, so many potentials to be discovered, so many opportunities to be taken, so many dreams to be chased. I am not paid for this nor any of the people who was part of this simple experiment.

I'd like to end this post with a hopeful thought: Fulfill your destiny.
Models: Kang Verga, Ysa Terio, Carly Chua, Charm Shotwell & Mae Bornillo
Make-up artist: CJ Libre
Designer: Neil Jimlani
Creative director: Ralz San Pedro
Photographer: Elaine Magistrado

No comments:

Well, what do you think?

Post a Comment